Friday, September 9, 2011

5th Complete Outfit




For my 5th outfit in my collection, I was inspired by the movement of soft, flowing chiffons. All my previous outfits involved jeans, shorts, jackets and shirt and so seeing as though we are nearing the end of our collection, with only two more outfits to go before creating our show stopper, couture gown, I wanted to create a beautiful and feminine outfit. I made a high waisted, full circle skirt. I used layers of chiffon to create a light and flowing garment. For the top, I used a sandy brown cotton stretch. I incorporated the brown to bring together all the colours of my range. I used a fine detail along all seam lines and hem lines for this top. I used a thick, blue embroidery thread, still keeping in mind the denim blue which has been used throughout my collection. The back of this outfit is my favourite. I used eyelits along the centre back opening and threaded blue string through the eyelits to give it a lace up effect. I loved making this outfit as it reflects my taste as an aspiring designer. with only two months left of the year, there is still so much left to do. It is all very exciting and stressful at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment